By Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga
- Assembles key anthropological articles that problem approved definitions and concepts of area and place
- Reveals how either the conceptual and fabric dimensions of house in addition to of outfitted kinds and panorama features are imperative to the construction of social life
- Includes advent that synthesizes current literature, highlights middle matters, and maps power instructions for destiny research
- Brings classics in cultural anthropology including new theoretical approaches
Read Online or Download Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) PDF
Best human geography books
Arguing that Antarctica is the main mediated position in the world and therefore an awesome situation for trying out the bounds of bio-political administration of inhabitants and position, this ebook remaps nationwide and postcolonial tools and gives a brand new glance on a 'forgotten' continent now the focal point of ecological concern.
This attractive and obtainable advent to geographic inspiration explores the foremost thinkers and key theoretical advancements within the box of human geography. Covers the whole diversity of the advance of theoretical wisdom of the sphere, from historic geography to modern non-representational conception offers theories in an obtainable demeanour throughout the author's attractive writing type Examines the impact of Darwin and Marx, the emergence of anarchist geographies, the impression of feminism, and myriad different very important our bodies of notion Stresses the significance of geographic concept and its relevance to our knowing of what it really is to be human, and to the folks, areas, and cultures of the realm within which we are living
Anhand von qualitativen Interviews mit Akteuren des grenzüberschreitenden Verflechtungsraums Großregion untersucht Antje Schönwald Identitäten und Stereotype sowie deren Auswirkungen auf das Handeln jenseits traditioneller Raumvorstellungen. Die Autorin analysiert Entstehung und Folge von Kategorisierungen in der grenzüberschreitenden Kooperation und das Verhältnis von Selbst- und Fremddarstellung.
This ebook surveys the improvement of geo-political concept within the 20th century and relates it to overseas political advancements, in addition to studying how sound geopolitical theories are. It considers the paintings of Mackinder, Hartshorne, and Haushofer and his disciples in Germany who stimulated the Nazis; and of more moderen advancements together with Marxist geographical writing.
- Environmental Politics and Liberation in Contemporary Africa (Environment & Policy)
- The Waning of the Mediterranean, 1550--1870: A Geohistorical Approach
- Starting from Quirpini: The Travels and Places of a Bolivian People
- Private Anti-Piracy Navies: How Warships for Hire are Changing Maritime Security
- Humanities for the Environment: Integrating knowledge, forging new constellations of practice (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- Large Infrastructure Projects in Germany: Between Ambition and Realities
Additional resources for Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology)
Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) by Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga