By C.J. Shane
Topics lined are:
• how group schools healthy into the U.S. approach of upper education
• the benefits of beginning your American schooling at a neighborhood college
• the stairs you need to struggle through to check at an American neighborhood college
• key elements to contemplate while selecting an American neighborhood university comparable to move agreements
• the method of utilizing to and gaining front right into a neighborhood college
• the method of utilizing for a U.S. visa together with required varieties
• the varieties wanted whilst arriving within the U.S. and passing via U.S. customs
• deciding upon periods at your neighborhood collage and the way to sign up for these classes
• tips to get aid enhancing your English-language skills
• fundamentals approximately dwelling in the US, together with housing, transportation, and scientific care
• American tradition and the way to accommodate tradition shock
• profiles of 7 American group faculties in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Texas
• statement via foreign scholars presently learning at American group colleges
Includes thesaurus of phrases and index.
Read or Download American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide PDF
Best college & university education books
A part of the well known employees and academic improvement sequence, this tradition orientated publication brings jointly prime examine and assessment techniques and assisting case stories from prime academic researchers and cutting edge academics. With a lot emphasis on switch, innovation and constructing top perform in greater schooling, it truly is crucial that these taken with really constructing, learning or enforcing techniques to educating, studying or administration, are proficient by means of the studies of others.
Improve your effectiveness as a instructor and achieve a clean point of view on self-discipline! have you ever struggled to discover an method of self-discipline that works with your whole scholars? self-discipline and studying types: An Educator's advisor is a instruction manual for K-12 lecturers that explains intimately the relationship among self-discipline and sensory studying kinds.
Throughout the mid-1800s, a small band of farsighted males convened to shape a faculty for �the psychological and ethical education of teen. � additionally they pledged that �no individual might be refused admission as a result of colour, Caste or intercourse. � This used to be a daring circulate at the eve of the Civil battle. As Presbyterian Church representatives, the founders chosen the identify Westminster Collegiate Institute.
This e-book is meant to be a source for African American scholars and supporters that envision a brighter destiny for them. This ebook bargains perception into the psyche of our early life and what it takes to rework their considering in a extra confident and efficient demeanour. Chasing the substitute Rainbow has been written in particular to aid minority scholars comprehend the significance of a high quality schooling and why making sound judgements, and being of carrier is important.
- Professors and Their Politics
- The Role of Governance in Quality of Education in Private Higher Education Institutions: Ethiopia as a Case Study
- Academy-Industry Relationships and Partnerships: Perspectives for Technical Communicators (Baywood's Technical Communications)
- Reengagement: Bringing Students Back to America's Schools
Extra info for American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide
American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide by C.J. Shane